Vinyl to Mp3 transfer?
01-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Vinyl to Mp3 transfer?
I feel like Behind the Sound should be used more...

Anyway, I finally received Self-Help Seminar's Further b/w Heroine With an E. Yes, I enjoyed it. Sure, SHS did a better job at Heroine than HD (no offence). But because I'm the only person in my house that can stand their music, I was wondering if it's possible to transfer a 7-inch vinyl to mp3.
Sure, if my turntable had a "line out" function where I could plug it into some machinery or something, I could have it converted, but because that isn't the case, I have to use the record player. All that said, is it possible to convert a 45 to mp3, wma, or any type of audio file? If so, please let me know. Or, if you yourself have an audio file of Further and/or Heroine, that would be fine too. Thanks-

Help, I've run out of obscure references to put as my signature. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: Vinyl to Mp3 transfer?
(01-20-2018 08:25 PM)batfan01 Wrote:  Anyway, I finally received Self-Help Seminar's Further b/w Heroine With an E.

Does the song originate with that band? Looked at the release on Discogs, happy to see Lisa Orth's name all over it. She was a legendary Seattle rock scene designer and musician.

Quote:All that said, is it possible to convert a 45 to mp3, wma, or any type of audio file? If so, please let me know.

If your turntable is integrated with an amp already then it's tricky, but there are cheapie turntables ($60?) that have USB or line out functions designed for exactly this. And if you don't want to buy one just for that purpose, I'm sure you can take the disc to some sort of media conversion place for a one-off.

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
01-21-2018, 10:21 PM
(01-20-2018 08:25 PM)batfan01 Wrote:  Anyway, I finally received Self-Help Seminar's Further b/w Heroine With an E. Yes, I enjoyed it. Sure, SHS did a better job at Heroine than HD (no offence).

You don't sound like you're kidding.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
03-01-2018, 05:01 PM
i'll vouch for the vinyl to digital transfers from the Audio Technica AT-LP-120 turntable. i rip a LOT of records with it and it generally turns out great. obviously it depends on the quality of the pressing, but it captures everything really well.